Sunday, December 22, 2019

Personal Narrative My First Trip - 1131 Words

August 1st is tomorrow, and that brings back memories of last August. The week in my life, I will never forget. My sister, my wonderful, loving , sweet and giving sister, provided me a vacation I will never stop thinking about. I remember the details as if they occurred last week. It was a surprise, she did not mention the gift she planned to celebrate our birthdays. Her birthday is in September, mine, in November. She planned a cruise to Alaska. My first cruise, my first trip out of the country and my first time being able to see the magnificence of Alaska.IMG_2087 She flew me into Seattle and we spent a whirlwind day sightseeing that beautiful city. I visited the Fish Market, yes, I saw them throw fish. It was an adventure, and we had not even left dry land. I saw where Harry met Sally, I saw the needle tower. I rode on a tram. My visit to Seattle was a whilrlwind, but it was spectacular. IMG_1875 My cheeks ached from smiling. I am a homebody. I rarely leave my own driveway. I was now on the West coast about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime. After walking all over Seattle and returning to the Executive suite, I slept well even though I knew I had to get up early and begin the embarkation process. My first cruise meant, of course, I packed too much. Only one bag as suggested, but I packed one bulging suitcase to the brim. My sister, a frequent cruiser, and frequent world traveler packed much smarter and lighter than I. IMG_1974 Don t tell my sister I postedShow MoreRelated Personal Narrative - My First Trip to America Essay565 Words   |  3 PagesMy First Trip to America It was about two years ago when I arrived in United States of America, and I still remember the day when I left my native country, Honduras. As I recall, one day previous to my departure, I visited my relatives who live in San Pedro Sula. They were all very happy for me to see me except my grandmother Isabel. She looked sad; even though she tried to smile at all times when I was talking to her, I knew that deep inside of her, her heart was broken because of my departureRead MoreNarrative Essay1444 Words   |  6 PagesNarrative Essays: To Tell a Story There are four types of essays: Exposition - gives information about various topics to the reader. Description - describes in detail characteristics and traits. Argument - convinces the reader by demonstrating the truth or falsity of a topic. Narrative - tells a story, usually from one person’s viewpoint. A narrative essay uses all the story elements - a beginning and ending, plot, characters, setting and climax - all coming together to complete theRead MoreThe Narrative Of Briton Hammon1583 Words   |  7 Pages1) The narrative of Briton Hammon would be an excellent addition to ENGL 35000. This short story encompasses many of the questions touched on in class that are integral parts of early American literature. There are even parts of this piece that expand onto subjects that the class did not discuss. In looking at the genre, ideas, topics, and my personal reaction to this piece, one is able to understand why the captivity narrative of Hammon would add insight into this American literature course. OneRead More I Hate Narrative Essays1154 Words   |  5 Pagesdue in a scant 4 hours and I had all week to do it. The radio had stopped working because my brother got on the Internet and thus cut off my connection. That was the least of my problems working on this paper. I got it done, though. My life changed with one trip of a teacher to the chalkboard and one phrase, narrative essay. God, I hate narrative essays. My day was going well. I devoured a big breakfast, my brother, for once, got out of the shower quick, and no major assignment was pending. LifeRead MoreHeroism is a unique concept where the definition can be altered ever so slightly. There is the800 Words   |  4 Pagesperson puts the needs of others before his own. My mother and father are truly remarkable people. My parents are like the foundation to a house and my siblings and me are the finish work. They have given up so much in an effort to give my siblings and I a better life. My mother supported our family by working for the Navy for twenty-two years. As a result, my brother and I have our college partially paid for through the GI Bill. On the other hand, my father is the at home supporter. He goes to mostRead MoreTravel and Culture1497 Words   |  6 PagesGot Her Groove Back, a novel about a woman, Stella Payne, searching for happiness and self-fulfillment, we discover that the resort workers had no benefits outside of a room to sleep on and food. The greatest disadvantage of tourism, in my opinion, is the narrative that tourists are sold when the visit their destination countries. This is due to that cultural deconstruction occurring on most ‘host† countries. The true culture of a nation is lost in the midst of the â€Å"performances† that are put on forRead MoreExploring The Benefits And Difficulties Of Travel Accounts881 Words   |  4 Pagesguiding principle of this book is that travel writing consists of predominantly factual, first-person prose of travels that have been undertaken by the author-narrator. It includes discussion of works that some may regard as genre in their own rights†¦ but it distinguishes these from other types of narrative in which travel ins narrated by a third party or is imagined.† Young’s description of travel narratives allows for accounts that were viewed as accurate in their time such as Jonathan Swift’sRead More Personal Narrative Sociological Conc epts in My Trip to Europe947 Words   |  4 PagesPersonal Narrative Sociological Concepts in My Trip to Europe My trip to Europe was an eye opening experience. It awakened my senses to so many different aspects of life I had not already been introduced to. It was almost like watching a movie, from the minute I stepped of the plane everything was different. When I think about the trip and what experiences I had many sociological concepts come to mind, such as culture shock, ethnocentrism, culture, social locators, cultural transmission, normsRead MoreMeaningful Walk With a Friend Essay627 Words   |  3 PagesPersonal Narrative- Meaningful Walk With a Friend It was a warm summer evening. The sun had already set and its brilliance still lingered in the sky, it seemed, much longer than usual. It was a wonderful night for a walk with my friend and our dogs. I waited for him at the usual spot, midway between our houses—the corner of Annesely and Bernwood. He was always at least five minutes late, but he always showed up. Brad emerged over the small hill on Bernwood. His back was towards the sunset, soRead MoreResponse to 13, 1977, 21 by Jonathan Lethem627 Words   |  3 PagesAlyssa M. Gonzalez â€Å"13, 1977, 21† In Jonathan Lethem’s personal narrative essay, â€Å"13, 1977, 21†, Lethem reflects on when he was 13 years old, in the year 1977, where he watched the film Star Wars 21 times. But the essay is not actually about the Star Wars film. It is about the way Lethem used going to the movies to remove himself, or â€Å"hide† from the realities of his life, such as his mother’s illness and awkward pre-teenage years. The first few sentences of Lethem’s essay is where he blatantly

No comments:

Post a Comment